Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Jimmy V

I'm watching a clip on ESPN for the Jimmy V Foundation and Jimmy V Week. His line "don't give up, don't ever give up" still brings a tear to my eye. Knowing that he fought for some many people knowing that he may never be cured is motivating. The V Foundation raised more than $90 Million for cancer research and their current push/promotion is that every dollar raised goes to fighting cancer. Every dollar earned is a dollar donated to cancer research, it's an amazing foundation for a truly motivating man.



Watching this clip from Jimmy V motivates me more to raise money to fight cancer. I'm signing up for the Livestrong Philly Challenge in August and I think I'll sign up for the Livestrong Team to run in the 2010 ING New York City Marathon.

Actually, I just registered for Livestrong Philly. I'm registered to do a 10k run and a 45 mile ride. I'm going with shorter distances in case I actually do the marathon so I can save my legs for the marathon 2 months later. Wish me luck and please donate to the right!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter