Monday, December 12, 2005

Qualified, bitches!

If you're having a wedding or some other function where my presence is requested for November 4th or 5th, don't expect me to be there. Yesterday I successfully competed my 9th and final race for the 2006 ING New York City Marathon! No longer will I have to hope that I win the lottery. Instead of letting my luck run its course, I took matters into my own hands and completed the 9 necessary races!

Yesterday's race was 6.2 miles that I completed in 1 hour 28 seconds. That was my best mile pace which was 9 minutes 51 seconds per mile. Not super fast but remember I'm running with a bum knee and I'm 20 pounds overweight.

If you've got nothing to do next year on the 5th, then mark your calendar and come cheer Melissa & I on! She of course already qualified so we're like one big running happy family. Plus she's considering doing the Ride for the Roses with us if its in the Northeast as the LAF is promising!

That's all for now. I'll be posting periodically so you can track my progress, if you care!

DC OUT!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter