Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Only in Philadelphia

Only in Philadelphia do you hear about people running onto the field at Lincoln Financial during a game to spread the ashes of their dead mother. That's what happened on Sunday. Check out the link to ESPN.com for more details http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2239860

Here's the thing that confuses me. Why!? Who does that? Did your mother say as her last dying wish that she wants to have her ashes spread across Lincoln Financial? I understand being a huge sports fan and devoting a lifetime to your favorite team (shit I'm a Phillies fan so I'm used to losing teams) but I'm not sure if I want my ashes spread across the field. Sure its a cool idea but its a bit freaky and not healthy for fans. I'm not big on going to watching a football game and being worried that some dead ladies remains are circulating through the air. Its bad enough I go to Giants Stadium where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Ok I guess if I really thought about it, having my ashes spread on the field would be cool. But Lincoln Financial? Come on. It could have been worse. They could have been spread on the turf at the Vet. At least on the grass surface it can seap into the ground.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter