Saturday, October 08, 2005

White Trash Moment

Its one of those Saturdays where its been raining since I woke at 7 am. Unable to fall back asleep I spent the morning playing Madden 2005 until about 11:30 am. Since then I've been sitting around the apartment watching college football. Now its 4:50 and I've cracked open my second beer. Here's where the white trash moment has come to my attention.

The Yankee game has been canceled. Beer number 2 is sitting on the coffee table and I am still in the same clothes since I woke up. Hair is still in the form of bed head because I've shifted from one end of the couch to the other. But what has really made this a white trash moment is that in sitting here I realized that the wife-beater I am wearing either shrunk or is now too small for my gut. I feel like one of those guys you see in a "re-enactment" from Cops. Fat dude sitting around in his wife-beater waiting for something to happen to him so he can catch his break. Ok Cops wasn't the best metaphor but its the closest I could thing of.

Does seeing myself in that lifgt encourage me to get up and run, bike or do some form of exercise? Yeah it gets my mind working but it doesn't get me off of the couch. I mean the most work I've done today is empty the dishwasher. Plus I think Noah just floated by on his Ark because its been raining since Friday morning.

What am I going to do? I'm going to sit here and watch more football, eat Doritos and wait until its time to go to bed. Its my weekend of leisure so why not. Plus Melissa is at home so its not like I'm ruining any of our plans for the weekend. Besides, its a 3 day weekend and I'm allowed to loaf around for a few days. Its what I do best.

Ok another episode of M*A*S*H is about to come on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such an asshole....

Anonymous said...

My website is actually www.bodyperks.com

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter