Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Dunkin Donuts!

Around this time last year I was on the no-carb, low-carb diet bullshit. It was good. I lost the gut that I had been working so hard developing but I couldn't eat what I wanted. No pasta, no caffienated coffee and no doughnuts! NONE! Zero. ZIP. Ziltch! Shit i spent every morning for almost three years walking past either a Dunkin Donuts or Chelsea's very own The Donut Pub. I lived on Boston Creme and Chocolate Glazed with a large cup of coffee with milk and sugar. Through all of this I was getting fat. it wasn't too noticeable during the late summer because I was training for the Lance Armstrong Foundation 100 Miler. but it did slow me down, not that I need much help in being slow.

When I got to CNET Dunkin Donuts was right across the street. Melissa and I would meet to grab coffee in the morning. I'd go with Mike or Reetz or Latoria or anyone else who sat near me to get donuts and coffee. Or just coffee. I could feel myself getting fatter. I had a hard time walking up steps. I became the guy from Super Size Me and yes I was also eating McDonalds every so often.

Then one morning I got on the scale, stole it out of Ken's bathroom and weighed myself. 199 pounds. The fattest I ever was. Not just heavy, but fat. "Shit! what the fuck!" Ok so from that point on I went on Sount Beach. Lost a lot of weight because I wasn't eating the things i loved. Believe me it was hard to go into Dunkin Donuts and order decaf with skim milk and 2 splenda. Who orders decaf at Dunking Donuts? That's like going to McDonalds and ordering a salad. What the fuck are you trying to cover up and what the fuck are you doing!? Get a coffee!

But i stayed the course. Lost the weight. Worked out and started feeling better. Its a cyclical thing. I do it this time every year.

This morning I was on the bus. Determined to eat better and get in shape. I was going to get off the bus and get an apple or banana or some sort of fruit. Fruit! For me! I don't eat fruit. But i was determined.

Leaving Port Authority I said to myself "Hey fatty start walking. Its only 15 blocks up and 3 blocks over to the office." So I walked. Up 8th Ave to 44th. Up 44th and cut the some alley between to theaters. Then cut through the Marriott Marique reaching Times Square. I approached 50th and 7th then remembered that just the other day my roommate Kelly and I found the Dunkin Donuts at 50th. Today I got to 50th determined to keep walking.

And keep walking i did!!! Straight onto the line at Dunkin Donuts.

"Next PLEASE" shouted the woman.

"Medium Iced Coffee. Milk. Sugar. Boston Creme and Double Chocolate Glazed."

Maybe the diet will start at lunch time. Until then I'll sit here in my fattness and enjoy the fact that I just ate more calories in 5 minutes than I should all day. But hey I still walked to work. That's gotta count for something.

p.s. Haven't had McDonalds in over a year now and I don't miss it!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter