Friday, August 12, 2005

Sedaris & The New Animal Orgy

Today has been a rather slow day so during lunch I grabbed the latest GQ. I've read everything else from Fortune to SportsIllustrated, Wall Street Journal to the Metro free newspaper. While reading the magazine yesterday I came across an essay written by David Sedaris.

Sedaris has written quite a few books over the last year or so. One that I recently read, Me Talk Pretty One Day, was a relatively quick and easy read. It talks about his life growing up and some of places he's been and what he's experienced. After reading an article in GQ about Julio Franco, the 47 year old baseball player who is doing better than some superstars right now, I came across the essay from Sedaris.

Like his book its a rather quick read but it was pretty funny. What he basically did was take a day in his life and write it up for GQ. He basically blogged his essay. Its something I would and have done, like Short Skirts & a Gust of Wind. If you haven't read anything from David Sedaris take the time to read this little exerpt from the GQ essay. Its only about 1/3 of the essay but its pretty damn funny. If you read Me Talk Pretty One Day you'll be able to appreciate how twisted his sister is.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_2944

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter